White ceramic souvenir cup, printed ‘A Present from Great Yarmouth’, with ‘Made in Germany’ stamp on bottom. The handle is missing.
Eau de Cologne bottle, from the firm of Johann Maria Farina, who founded a perfume works in the 18th century opposite Julich’s platz in Cologne. This bottle is for his No. 4. Clear glass.
Two bottles, one enormous, the other large. Embossed: ‘The Original Ship Brand Chutney Manufactured in Bombay’.
Small Hock wine bottle, imported from Germany.
Green glass bottle, with remnants of label and cork, for bitters – imported from Germany or the Netherlands.
Imported wine bottle necks, the one on the right retaining its lead foil (which began to be used to seal the necks/ corks of imported wine bottles c. 1840). From a layer dating to the 1850s.
Ceramic caviare pot, with printed lettering: ‘Finest Astrachan Caviare, imported by Fortnum & Mason Ltd’, etc. A Russian delicacy consumed at Holme Hale Hall, Norfolk.
Green glass bottle (base only), embossed on the base ‘Hunyadi Janos, Saxlehners Bitterquelle’, for mineral water. This was imported, probably to nearby Felixstowe, and consumed at Kirton Rectory in the 1900s.
Left: Crosse and Blackwell’s Mango Chutney, with remnants of label – imported ingredients Right: dried olives, with remnants of labels on neck and body – imported ingredients