Ice-blue medicine bottle, with cork lip, 17 cm tall, no markings. The profile is oval. Discarded after the death of Mary Everett in 1908.
Medicine bottle with measurements for tablespoons, embossed ‘A. V. Lester M. P. S./ Chemists/ Canterbury’. Cork top.
Left: medium-size Owbridge’s bottle, c. 1910, Marshbrook. Right: small Owbridge’s bottle, discarded 1915-20, Tilbury. The firm was based in Hull and sold its products all over the country. The smaller bottle was discarded in London and then dumped in...
Two aqua/blue medicine bottles. The one on the left is embossed ‘Cousins and Thomas, Oxford’. Their shop was in Magdalen Street.
Left: aqua glass, ‘Dr Adolf Hommel’s Haemotogen’, a blood purifier. It cost 4 shillings. Centre: aqua glass, ‘Owbridge’s Lung Tonic, Hull’. This size cost 2 shillings and nine pence. Right: ‘Eno’s Fruit Salts’, a...
Two small green medicine bottles, with tooled lips (centre and left). Contents uncertain.
Small clear glass medicine bottle, for ‘Powell’ of ‘Blackfriars Road’. Found among rubbish from the 1870s. Labourers’ cottages, Kent.
Small aqua medicine bottle, found with rubbish from the 1870s. Labourers’ cottages, Kent.
Small aqua/blue medicine.
Medicine bottle for Barclay & Sons Ltd, Farringdon St, London. From London rubbish dumped in Essex.
Brown glass medicine bottle, made in a three-piece mould. No embossing. Cork top.
Elliman’s Embrocation bottle, c. 1900. Medicine for chest complaints, etc.